- Responsible for planning and managing food preparation in restaurant kitchens.
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Interaction with the guests and resolving the problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Train the new kitchen employees to meet kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation of kitchen utensils and regulations and safety regulations.
- Expert in making traditional north Indian and south Indian sweets, pastries and snacks.
Desired Candidate Profile
A Bachelor degree or 3 year Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology with minimum 10 years of work experience in large scale catering based organization.
Perks and Benefits
Par with experience and knowledge in respective area.
The desired qualities and experience of the candidate are:
- Minimum experience of 6 years of which 4 years is in large star hotels or restaurants which includes on the job training in Indian cuisine.
- Should be hands on working with all kind of desserts, sweets and snacks of Indian sections.
- Exposure to large Indian kitchens/banquet kitchens.
- Preferable should have been working as a cook in a hotel/specialty Indian restaurant.
- Must have very good knowledge of regional Indian cuisine, Indian curries, tandoor.
- Some experience of Indian confectionery and desserts.
- A good understanding of European cooking and taste preferences.
- Good Catering College degree.
- Exposure to HACCP and ISO standards.
- Good knowledge of English and preferable Dutch language.
- Pre-opening experience is additional advantage.