Chef de sous(South Indian Chef)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and managing food preparation in restaurant/cloud kitchens.
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Interaction with the customers and resolving the problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Train the new kitchen employees to meet kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation of kitchen utensils and regulations and safety regulations.
- Expert in making traditional south Indian dishes mainly porota, sadhya, south indian desserts
Desired Candidate Profile
A Bachelor degree or 3 year Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology with minimum 4 years of work experience in large scale catering based organization.
Perks and Benefits
Par with experience and knowledge in respective area.
The desired qualities and experience of the candidate are:
- Minimum experience of 6 years of which 4 years is in large star hotels or restaurants which includes on the job training in Indian cuisine.
- Should be hands on working on tandoor and curry sections as well regional Indian sections.
- Exposure to large Indian kitchens/banquet kitchens.
- Preferable should have been working as a cook in a hotel/specialty Indian restaurant.
- Must have very good knowledge of regional Indian cuisine, Indian curries, tandoor.
- Some experience of Indian confectionery and desserts.
- A good understanding of European cooking and taste preferences.
- Good Catering College degree.
- Exposure to HACCP and ISO standards.
- Good knowledge of English and preferable Dutch language.
- Pre-opening experience is additional advantage.